Neil T. Lyons, Esq.
Areas of Practice:
Estate Planning, Guardianship, and Probate.
- Elder Law
- Commercial Insurance
Licenses and Accreditation
- Member of the Florida Bar – 2011
- Stetson University College of Law – Juris Doctorate, 2011
- University of South Florida – Master’s Degree in Education, 2008
- University of South Florida – Bachelor’s Degree, 2004
- Elder Law Section of the Sarasota County Bar Association – Chair, 2017-2018
- Florida State Guardianship Association, Gulf Coast Chapter – Secretary, 2017- Present
- Law, Justice, and Miscommunications: Essays in Applied Legal Philosophy – Contributing author, 2011
Awards and Acknowledgements
- Sarasota County Bar Association, Distinguished Community Service Award – 2018
- Gold Pin Award, for more than 100 hours of pro bono legal services – 2016, 2017, 2018
- Exemplary Service to the Sarasota Mental Health Court for pro bono service – 2018
- Legal Aid of Manasota Pro Bono Attorney of the Quarter – 2016
Recent Insights By or About Neil T. Lyons, Esq.
How do I “get guardianship” over my father?
Self Neglect is a serious and life threatening issue for seniors in Florida. When we are discussing self neglect, we're talking about an individual who is suffering...
What is an Emergency Temporary Guardianship?
In Florida, a guardian is defined as a “person who has been appointed by the court to act on behalf of a ward’s person or property, or...
Breaking Through the Iron Cage: An Analysis and Explanation of the New Guardianship Legislation and Expansion of Centralized Oversight Agencies
Our very own Attorney Neil Lyons will be presenting a seminar at The Fountains of Hope. Attorney Lyons will be reviewing new guardianship legislation and agency updates...
Continuing Care Retirement Communities…Are They For You?
Residential options for senior citizens typically include one of the following: living at home, with a relative, residence in an Independent Living Facility (ILF), residence in an...
The Three Faces of Homestead: What Every Florida Homeowner Should Know
Homestead is an extremely complicated concept for many Floridian homeowners. However, understanding how it works can save homeowners thousands of dollars every year. To qualify a home...