Boyer & Boyer, P.A. Partner Certified by Florida Bar in Elder Law
In September of 2016, one of the partners of Boyer & Boyer, PA., Andrew R. Boyer, Esq. was Certified by the Florida Bar in Elder Law.
Certification is the highest level of evaluation by the Florida Bar of the competency and experience of attorneys in the areas of law approved for certification. The Florida Bar evaluates all certified lawyers for experience and expertise in a particular area of law as well as for professionalism and peer acknowledgement.
The Florida Bar is the professional body of lawyers, responsible for the regulation of the legal profession in the state. In order to become board certified in Elder Law, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Practice law on a full-time basis for at least five years
- Have 40% or more substantial involvement in the practice of elder law during the two years immediately preceding certification
- Have substantial involvement in all aspects of planning for aging, illness, and incapacity in the five years preceding certification
- Pass peer review
- Complete 60 hours of continuing legal education within the three years immediately preceding application
- Pass a written examination demonstrating knowledge, skills, and proficiency in the field of elder law to justify the representation of special competence
Boyer & Boyer, P.A. is proud to announce that out of the six Board Certified Elder Law attorneys in Sarasota, two are now at the firm; Edwin M. Boyer, Esq. and Andrew R. Boyer, Esq.
Boyer & Boyer, P.A. is an Elder Law firm dedicated to the needs of people who are aging, individuals with disabilities, and their families. Founded in 1995, the firm now includes four attorneys and a staff of highly experienced support personnel, all of whom are committed to the needs of clients. Practice areas focus on Estate Planning and Probate, Trust Administration, Guardianship and Medicaid and Long Term Care Counseling.