Andrew R. Boyer, Esq.
“Elder Law Attorneys are problem solvers by nature and advocates by choice. We have a passion for helping families navigate through the most challenging times of their lives.”
Florida Bar Board Certified Elder Law Attorney
- Complex Guardianship
- Estate Planning
- Public Benefits Planning
Licenses and Accreditations:
- Board Certified Elder Law Attorney
- Solicitor of England and Wales (non-practicing)
- University of South Florida, Tampa - B.A. Political Science
- Active in Kiwanis Collegiate Organization
- USF Chapter President
- Florida Division Lt. Governor
- Studied Art History and French through an exchange program with the American University of Paris
- Active in Kiwanis Collegiate Organization
- Stetson University College of Law - Juris Doctor
- Honor roll student four straight semesters
- Best Appellate Brief Award
- President of Stetson’s Elder Law Society
- Active in researching consumer fraud perpetrated against the elderly
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys Member
- Manatee County Bar Association Board Member
- Manatee County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Past President
- Sarasota County Bar Association Member
- Past Chair of SCBA Estate Planning Section
- Founding Chair of SCBA Elder Law Section
- Justice Teaching Project
- Volunteer Attorney through Legal Aide of Manasota
Awards and Acknowledgements:
- Andrew was born in Sarasota and raised in Bradenton. He has a unique appreciation for the challenges his clients face due to his own personal experiences. As a young man, Andrew's grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease and came to live in the home for a number of years. Through that, and more recent experiences, Andrew learned first hand the immeasurable joys and the responsibilities that come with being a family caregiver. Andrew now enjoys spending time with his wife, son, daughters, and extended family, as well as traveling and enjoying the outdoors. Mr. Boyer is also a fan of America's favorite pastime (Baseball) and is a fan of the Tampa Bay Rays Baseball Team. Mr. Boyer is the son of Edwin M. Boyer, Esq.
Recent Insights By or About Andrew R. Boyer, Esq.
Attorney Andrew R. Boyer is the 2012 recipient of the Service to the Community award, presented by Legal Aid of Manasota
Boyer & Jackson, P.A. is very proud of Attorney Andrew Boyer's commitment and dedication to provide Pro Bono legal services on behalf of Legal Aid of Manasota...
Andrew Boyer: A spotlight on Spectacular Service
The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division E-Newsletter April eNewsletter Article Andrew Boyer: A spotlight on spectacular service By Hunter W. Carroll “Pro bono, it is just the...
Tampa Family Sues Over DNR (Do Not Resusitate)
It's always tragic when a loved one passes but even more devastating when end of life planning is not in place, or worse yet, when that planning...
A Summary Administration Can Save Big Bucks in Probate Legal Fees
Nobody likes to hear that they have to file for probate, but the news is usually a little easier to stomach when the estate qualifies for a...
Model treatment for Alzheimer’s | HeraldTribune.com
The Pines of Sarasota has long had a reputation for great care and low staff turnover. As one of Sarasota's not for profit nursing facilities, the Pines...
“Free Lunch” isn’t free, so says the SEC
A 2007 report by the Securities and Exchange Commission reports that some 23% of sales seminars had indications of unsuitable recommendations to purchase investments while some 13%...
A Very Happy Birthday Wish for Snooty the Manatee!
If you've spent any extended amount of time in the Bradenton or Sarasota area, you know that Snooty the Manatee is kind of a big deal around...
Testing a new tool for end-of-life care | HeraldTribune.com
The legal and ethical landscape for end-of-life issues is ever evolving. The POLST concept or Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment has been at the forefront of this...
How do I become a Florida Resident?
A question we regularly receive is "How do I become a Florida Resident". Firstly, Florida does not have specific rules for residency. Each case is fact specific....
How do I “get guardianship” over my father?
Self Neglect is a serious and life threatening issue for seniors in Florida. When we are discussing self neglect, we're talking about an individual who is suffering...
Andrew Boyer honored at Supreme Court for Pro Bono Service
In 1994, Andrew R. Boyer traveled with his father and mother to Tallahassee where Edwin Boyer received the Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award for his...
Andrew Boyer Awarded Circuit’s Top Pro Bono Award
Sarasota, FL- Attorney Andrew Boyer of Boyer & Boyer, P.A. was awarded the Judge Robert B. Bennett, Jr. Pro Bono Excellence Award presented by Legal Aid of...
Boyer & Boyer, P.A. Partner Certified by Florida Bar in Elder Law
In September of 2016, one of the partners of Boyer & Boyer, PA., Andrew R. Boyer, Esq. was Certified by the Florida Bar in Elder Law. Certification...