Edwin M. Boyer, Esq.
“Through their relationships with their clients and colleagues, Elder Law Attorneys have tremendous power to prevent disastrous outcomes, advocate for the voiceless, and improve the lives of those in the communities they serve”
Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Administration, Guardianship, Special Needs Trusts, and Guardianship Litigation.
Board Certified Elder Law Attorney
- Estate Planning
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Special Needs Trusts
- Guardianship Litigation
Licenses and Accreditation
- Florida Bar Board Certified Elder Law Attorney
- Stetson University College of Law - Juris Doctor, 1978
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys – Past President
- Council of Advanced Practitioners of the Academy – Member
- Department of Children and Families Select Advisory Panel for Adult Protective Services – Panel Member
- Board of Directors of the Alzheimer’s Association Florida Gulf Coast Chapter – Board Member
- NAELA QUARTERLY – Past Editor
- NAELA publications committee – Past Chair
- Florida Bar Elder Law Certification Committee – Past Chair
- Board of Governors of Senior Friendship Centers of Southwest Florida Inc. – Past Chair
- Board of Directors of Legal Aid Society of Manasota, Inc. – Past President
- Florida Department of Children and Families Adult Protection Services Team for Manatee County, Florida – Chair
- Board of Directors of the Florida Guardianship Foundation – Past President and Member
- Florida Lieutenant Governors Task Force on Affordability and Availability of Long Term Care – Appointee, 2001
- Planning for the Elderly in Florida – Co-Author
- Stetson University – Adjunct Professor of Law
Awards and Acknowledgements
- First Borchard Foundation Distinguished Professorial Lecturer in Elder Law - 2012
- William Reese Smith Jr. Award for public service by Stetson University College of Law – 2010
- Florida’s Legal Elite by Florida Trend Magazine – 2009
- Distinguished Fellow of the Canadian Center of Elder Law – 2008
- NAELA Presidents Recognition Award for Extraordinary Contribution – 2004
- Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award for the 12th Judicial Circuit – 1994
- Martindale Hubbell’s highest rating as an AV® Preeminent™ Attorney
- Florida Super Lawyer annually since 2006
Recent Insights By or About Edwin M. Boyer, Esq.
Discuss Your End-of-Life Wishes Again…and Again
A Legal Perspective on Family Squabbles and Sticky Fingers By Barbara Peters Smith, Herald-Tribune / Thursday, January 24, 2013 If you want to have your wishes followed...
How do I “get guardianship” over my father?
Self Neglect is a serious and life threatening issue for seniors in Florida. When we are discussing self neglect, we're talking about an individual who is suffering...
Suspect Elder Financial Abuse? Here’s What to Do.
Elderly people work their whole lives to be financially secure when they retire. They will rely on that money to carry them through illness and other expenses...